Telephone number: 01865 613076
Social media: LinkedIn profile
Role: I was a Senior Research Fellow and College Lecturer in Engineering at LMH
Senior Lead Researcher, Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford
- Lead, manage and deliver high value research programmes, at University of Oxford, on modelling for “right first time” manufacturing and life recovery technologies, collaborating with international blue chip industries.
Co-founder of a University of Oxford’s entrepreneurial venture to fast-track new technology
Honours and awards:
(1) Miura Award from Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Japan, for research and academic excellence; (2) Zienkiewicz Scholarship, United Kingdom, a research fellowship in honour to the late Professor O.C. Zienkiewicz – widely regarded as “the Father of Finite Element Method”; (3) Ganesha Prize from Bandoengse Technische Hogeschool Fonds, the Netherlands, for research and academic excellence.
I am interested in computational mechanics of materials, life recovery technologies, transformative manufacturing processes; developing multi-scale mathematical and computer models for wide-range applications in aerospace, energy, automotive, and biomedical sectors.
I lead a number of engineering teams, working to solve challenging engineering problems relevant to subjects taught at LMH. Here, in classes at LMH, we also focus on solving challenging engineering exercises, for which ideas are highly valued.
engineering technologies, yes… they grow exponentially,
yet… nowhere near the pace of our ideas.
- F. Adziman, R.C. Reed. Pressure dependent crystal plasticity-like formulation to predict local onset in transformation and twinning induced plasticity. 5th International Symposium on Computational Mechanics of Polycrystals, Max-Planck, Dusseldorf, Germany (2016)
- F. Adziman, R.C. Reed, N. Petrinic. Local onset prediction of deformation twinning at subsurface for metals at high strain-rates. International Conference on Impact Loading of Structures and Materials, Turin, Italy (2016)
- F. Adziman, P. Kontis, R.C. Reed. Microstructure evolution modelling of the rotary friction welding in nickel-based superalloys. International Conference on Material Modeling, Berkeley, USA (2015)
- F. Adziman, D. de Bortoli, E.A. de Souza Neto. Multi-scale modelling of stress-induced martensitic phase transformations. International Conference on Computational Plasticity, Fundamentals and Applications, Barcelona, Spain (2015)
- F. Adziman, Z. Zhu, R.C. Reed. Physics-based crystal plasticity finite element modelling for high-temperature and strain-rate applications of nickel-based superalloys. Optimising Performance through Integrated Modelling of Microstructure, Oxford (2014)