At LMH we are extremely fortunate to have the support of so many alumni and friends who believe in what the College is doing to educate the brightest young minds and we are keen to show our appreciation.
We are delighted to include the names of all of our donors in our annual donor roll, situated at the back of our Philanthropy Report, unless you have chosen to remain anonymous. We publish this list to thank those who have chosen to support the College, but also to highlight that you are part of a wider community of donors who, collectively, make a huge difference to LMH.
Photo: Chealsea Wallis
We are also pleased to formally publish levels of benefaction to recognise, thank and involve our educational philanthropists. As more alumni support the College, we want to better recognise the support of major benefactors and in 2021 set up four new donor circles, based upon cumulative giving to LMH (including gift aid):
- Jex-Blake Circle in recognition of cumulative gifts between £10,000 and £24,999
- Elizabeth Wordsworth Circle for cumulative gifts between £25,000 and £49,999
- Talbot Circle in recognition of cumulative gifts between £50,000 and £99,999
- Principal’s Circle for cumulative gifts of more than £100,000
You can read our 2020, 2021 and 2022 Philanthropy Reports online.
Members are invited to attend exclusive donor events during the course of the year. Please take note of the upcoming Donor Circle events for 2023:
- Wordsworth Lecture - Sunday 26th February 2023 (Available to Principal’s Circle, Talbot Circle & Elizabeth Wordsworth Circle members)
Our inaugural Wordsworth Lecture will be delivered by Dr Kathrin Bachleitner, the IKEA Foundation Research Fellow in International Relations at Lady Margaret Hall and Oxford’s Department of International Development (Refugee Studies Centre).
- Founders and Benefactors Dinner - Friday 28th April 2023 (Available to Principal’s Circle and Talbot Circle members)
This special occasion will be hosted by the Principal, Professor Stephen Blyth and is an opportunity for the College to celebrate and thank our most generous supporters.
- LMH Garden Party - Saturday 24th June 2023 (Available to Principal’s Circle, Talbot Circle, Elizabeth Wordsworth Circle and Jex-Blake Circle members)
Please join us in the beautiful gardens for our annual Garden Party. The afternoon will include afternoon tea, music, croquet and an opportunity to explore the College's Art Collection
- Beaufort Circle Lunch - Saturday 14th October 2023 (Available to Beaufort Circle members)
This celebratory lunch will be hosted by the Principal, Professor Stephen Blyth and is an opportunity for the College to thank those making a lasting impact upon the College by leaving a legacy.
- Alumni Winter Carols at LMH – Friday 1st December 2023 (Available to Principal’s Circle, Talbot Circle, Elizabeth Wordsworth Circle and Jex-Blake Circle members
Join us in celebrating the festive season at LMH, with carols led by the Choir.
Legacy and Loyal Donors
We are also incredibly grateful to all alumni and friends who pledge to leave a legacy in support of LMH. The Beaufort Circle recognises those individuals who have chosen to make this most special and personal of donations, in support of the long-term future of LMH, and we are very happy to welcome members for a special lunch at the College each year.
Thinking of leaving a legacy to LMH? Please see the dedicated pages about including a gift in your Will.
And finally, we are delighted to recognise those who have made gifts to LMH for at least ten years through membership of the Souvent me Souviens circle. This group was established in 2003-4 when LMH was celebrating its 125th Anniversary – to recognise those who choose to give over the long-term. We are thrilled to report that there are now more than 675 current members of Souvent me Souviens a true testament to the great affection that so many hold for LMH. These regular gifts add up over time, making a significant impact to LMH over years to come.
*Please note that donors are included if they have made a gift within the last 18 months.