I did my PhD in the Statistical Laboratory at Cambridge with James Norris. I then did postdoctoral work at Paris VI (with Jean Bertoin), Pembroke College, Cambridge (as Stokes Fellow in Mathematics) and Oxford (as an EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellow). I held the position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Statistics at the University of Warwick for two years, before returning to Oxford to become an Associate Professor in September 2011. I was awarded the title of Professor in 2017. From 2016 to 2020 I held an EPSRC Early Career Fellowship.
My research interests lie in probability and include random combinatorial structures (in particular random trees and graphs), combinatorial stochastic processes, coagulation and fragmentation.
I give tutorials on Prelims Probability, Prelims Statistics, Part A Probability, Part A Statistics and some other courses in Mathematics. I won the University's Teaching Excellence Award in 2013 and 2016.
- C. Goldschmidt, Critical random hypergraphs: the emergence of a giant set of identifiable vertices, Annals of Probability 33, 4 (2005) pp.1573-1600
- C. Goldschmidt and J.B. Martin, Random recursive trees and the Bolthausen-Sznitman coalescent, Electronic Journal of Probability, 10 (2005), Paper no. 21, pp.718-745
- R. Dong, C. Goldschmidt and J.B. Martin, Coagulation-fragmentation duality, Poisson-Dirichlet distributions and random recursive trees, Annals of Applied Probability, 16, 4 (2006) pp.1733-1750.
- C. Goldschmidt and B. Haas, Behavior near the extinction time in self-similar fragmentations I: The stable case, Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincaré (Probabilités et Statistiques) 46, 2 (2010), pp.338-368.
- L. Addario-Berry, N. Broutin and C. Goldschmidt, Critical random graphs: limiting constructions and distributional properties, Electronic Journal of Probability 15 (2010), Paper no. 25, pp.741-775.
- L. Addario-Berry, N. Broutin and C. Goldschmidt, The continuum limit of critical random graphs, Probability Theory and Related Fields 152, 3-4 (2012), pp.367-406.
- C. Goldschmidt and B. Haas, A line-breaking construction of the stable trees, Electronic Journal of Probability 20 (2015), paper no. 16, pp.1-24.
- C. Goldschmidt and B. Haas, Behavior near the extinction time in self-similar fragmentations II: Finite dislocation measures, Annals of Probability 44, 1 (2016), pp.739-805.
- L. Addario-Berry, N. Broutin, C. Goldschmidt and G. Miermont, The scaling limit of the minimum spanning tree of the complete graph, Annals of Probability 45, 5 (2017), pp.3075-3144.
- S. Griffiths, C. Goldschmidt and A. Scott, Moderate deviations of subgraph counts in the Erdős-Rényi random graphs G(n,m) and G(n,p), Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 373, 8 (2020), pp.5517-5585.