This page outlines the admissions criteria, programme fees and application process for our in-person, residential summer programmes in Oxford. If you would like to apply to our online programmes, please find more information here.
LMH Summer Programmes are designed for students who want to gain and develop knowledge in their chosen subject area. Unless specifically stated in the course outline, there are no formal prerequisites or restrictions regarding which subject(s) you are currently studying at university, but please note that LMH Summer Programmes are intensive courses of study aimed at undergraduates who have completed one or two years of their degree, or entry level postgraduate students.
We will consider each applicant’s academic ability and expect successful applicants to have a minimum grade point average equivalent to 2:1 level on the British grading scale. For example, this would mean at least a 3.2 GPA on the 4.0 grading scale in the United States, and 80% in China.
To participate fully in the programme all students will need to have proficiency in English.
English language requirements for students who are not native English speakers:
- Overall TOEFL score of 85;
- or IELTS score of 6.5 (no less than 6.0 in each component);
- or CET-4 at 550 or CET-6 at 520.
Your LMH Summer Programme can consist of up to three courses, and each course lasts three weeks.
You may therefore choose to join us for three weeks, or take part in multiple courses to create a programme lasting six or nine weeks.
Fees for residential summer programmes at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford, are as follows:
Single Session (Three Weeks) – £3500
Double Session (Six Weeks) – £6750
Triple Session (Nine Weeks) – £9975
- All tuition, including lectures, seminars, and tutorials.
- Assessment, transcript of academic performance, and certificate.
- A co-curricular programme of skills workshops and guest speakers.
- 24/7 access to the Lady Margaret Hall College Library.
- Bed & Breakfast accommodation throughout your programme.
- Lunch and dinner in the College Dining Hall Monday to Friday.
- A full Social & Cultural Programme, including two excursions to other English cities per three-week programme session.
- A high-quality printed class photograph.
- Formal Graduation banquet.
How to Apply
Once you have selected the course(s) and dates of your LMH Summer Programme, you are ready to begin your application. Please follow the instructions below.
- Download and complete the application form, following the instructions on the form carefully.
- Send your completed application form and the required supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application form includes a checklist of the required supporting documents, which include a transcript of your academic grades, evidence of your English proficiency scores (if applicable), and a personal statement.
- Lady Margaret Hall will contact you to let you know whether your application has been successful, usually within two weeks. If you are accepted onto the programme, we will send an Enrolment Agreement for you to sign as well as instructions for the payment of your programme fee deposit.
- When your programme fee deposit has been received by Lady Margaret Hall we will contact you to let you know that your place on the programme is confirmed.
LMH will store your personal data in line with current data protection legislation and will contact you via email to process your application in relation to the LMH Summer Programmes. LMH will not share or distribute your personal data for other purposes than related to your application to and attendance at the LMH Summer Programmes.