Graduate Progression Forms (GSO forms)

Graduate Progression Forms mark your progress through the various key points of a research degree, including Transfer of Status, Confirmation of Status, Appointment of Examiners and more. Your University Supervisor or departmental Graduate Studies Administrator will be able to advise you about the order and importance of these milestones. In some cases, both your Department and the College will need to review and approve your application for these key milestones.

You can find out more information about GSO forms on the University website.

Some GSO forms are available to complete directly in Student Self Service, but some are only available as downloadable "hard copy" forms on the University website (see above link). If you require a hard copy form to be approved by the College, please ensure that both you and your Supervisor have completed and signed off the relevant sections of the form before emailing it to for processing.  

Suspension of Studies

If you are considering suspending your studies, please speak to the Tutor for Graduates or your College Advisor as soon as possible. You can view further guidance on suspension on the University website.

If you cannot do academic work for a particular reason (e.g. illness, financial hardship) then you can apply for suspension for not less than one term (or not less than three for a taught masters) and for not more than three terms at any one time. Overall, you cannot suspend status for more than six terms.