Free apps to download
- Breethe, a mediatation app. @breetheapp
- bSafe, an app which helps to keep you safe using GPS, phone network and Wi-Fi network, and lets loved ones know where you are via an alarm.
- Drinkaware, independent alcohol advice from a UK charity, information and tools to help people make better choices about their drinking.
- 8fit, a Berlin-based app whose approach pairs custom-offered nutrition and exercise programmes: @8fit
- Flat Tomato, a time management app in the vein of the 'pomodoro' method of breaking work down into 25 minute chunks, and 5 minute rest breaks (only on the Apple store).
- Hollie Guard turns your phone into a personal safety device. Turn on location services and log in for the app to work.
- Mindshift CBT, an app designed to help teens and young adults cope with anxiety.
- SAM App, an application to help you understand and manage anxiety, developed in collaboration with a research team from UWE, Bristol.
- Sleepio, recomended by the NHS as a digital sleep improvement programme (available via web and mobile), clinically proven to help overcome even long-term poor sleep: @Sleepio
- Student Health App - this app is customised for LMH. This means when you open the app, you get access to your local support links from one single location. The Student Health App is now available on the NHS Apps Library.
Hello students at @lmhoxford ! Did you know that you can customise the Student Health App for LMH, so that you can access useful local support pages for your college from one single location? If not, download the app on the @AppStore or @GooglePlay today. https://t.co/4UPiAxMEn8— Expert Self Care (@expertselfcare) March 11, 2019
- Study Blue - an online studying platform for high school and college students, based in San Francisco.
- Timetable, to plan your study time.
- What's Up? - an app to manage depression, based on principles of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT).
Apps which cost
- Forest - a productivty app to help you stay focused. Users can earn credits by not using their cell phones and planting real trees around the world with the credits. (£1.99)