LMH and Your Data
As part of LMH's student recruitment activity, we collect and process personal data relating to you. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and process this information, and to meeting our data protection obligations.
What information do we collect?
Information held about you may include:
- your name, and contact details, including address, email address and telephone number
- gender preference
- date of birth we are required to ask for parental consent to provide information to anyone under 16 years of age
- your communication preferences
- prior education, including university attended, subject studied and year of graduation
- subject and course interests
- dietary requirements, including allergies
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
- whether or not you have a disability
- equal opportunities monitoring information, including information about your ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health and religion or belief
Why do we collect your data?
We collect and process your information to deliver the recruitment-related services you have requested through activities such as:
- sending you a prospectus
- sending you information about LMH, and applying to Oxford
- reserving you a place at an event such as an open day or taster day
- sending you further information you have requested after attending an event
- participating in webinars or other online events
We may also use the information you provide us:
- to better understand your needs and inform improvements to aspects of our service
- to communicate with you and provide other information that we believe you may be interested in
- to help determine whether our activities are helping participants move on from school into further education, higher education and employment
- To publish anonymised reports that do not identify individuals
If you provide consent but later decide you want to withdraw this, you have the right to change your mind.
Please note, we will not use your personal data for automated decision making or profiling about you as an individual.
How do we hold your data?
Depending on the service you require your personal data could be held within our email system, the HEAT (Higher Education Access Tracker) database, or the content management system which we use to run our website.
These systems are accessed by staff within LMH who manage our outreach work with prospective applicants.We may share your details with other teams within the university in order to fulfil the service your require. These teams may use a range of systems to store and process data.
Please note, the University does not sell any data to third party organisations.
How do we protect data?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
How long we will keep your data?
Providing high quality outreach activities means being able to compare our activities to determine which ones best help students to move on to Higher Education. How long this takes will vary depending on your age at the time of participation in an outreach activity. Once you have reached the age of 20 personal information about you will either be deleted or anonymised so that you are no longer personally identifiable. This age gives us time to allow for most students with whom we work to progress onto an undergraduate degree, while allowing for gap years.
You have a right to see, change (if incorrect), or delete the data that we hold on you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this notice
We keep our privacy notices under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated in April 2022.