The Riversports Club at LMH is based at the punthouse and is available for both students and staff. We want more people to get active in their downtime - and what better way to do it than on the river which runs through the college gardens?
We have touring kayaks, stand up paddle boards, Canadian canoes, sit on top kayaks and a rowing boat.
Membership is only £35!
How to join
We’re really excited to have this up and running and hope you get great enjoyment out of the club and its facilities for 2021/2022.
There are a few forms that you will have to sign and return to Mark Seal, the boatman. These include the Terms and Conditions of Use and the User Agreement and Declaration.
All documents can be found here under Health and Safety.
Pay subs to the club account. £35 for JCR/MCR/SCR and staff. Please use your name as the reference.
Club account details:
Sort Code: 20-65-20
Account number: 13602176
- To use the paddle boards or kayaks you will need to book an induction (see below).
- With so much new equipment, we would like to keep this maintained. As a result, we require all members to clean equipment once used and return it how they found it.
- In the interests of safety, you may only go out on the water accompanied by at least one other member of the club.
I’ve joined, what now?
- Once you are a member you will be added to the Booking Calendar and you can book at this link. Your username will be your single sign on e.g. lady1234 and your password the same as your LMH email.
- Go to the Porters’ Lodge to get the keys for your booked vessel – remember to take your bod card so we can know who’s out on the water at any one time for safety purposes.
- All this and more is also on the LMH River Club joining document.
Book an induction
An induction lets you book everything including paddle boards or kayaks.
Induction courses are booked through Mark Seal the College Boatman. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An induction will include a session with an instructor at the local kayak club, or if there are enough people he will come to LMH for a morning where he will test everyone. This includes a capsize drill. After completing the course you can receive a British Canoeing certificate. Prices for these sessions are expected to be around £10.
If you have not had an induction you can still book Canadian canoes as these are similar to punts, and take a guest with you.
Punting at LMH is separate from the Riversports Club.
Punts are available to book during the summer months from mid April to early October, weather dependent. The cost is £5 per punt per hour. Each punt takes a maximum of 5 people. Payment must be made by card. You can book a punt by emailing the LMH Lodge at email@example.com.