Telephone number: +44 (0) 7941 954722
Role: Senior Research Fellow in Classical Archaeology
I studied for my DPhil at Merton College, Oxford. After completing my thesis on the dedication practices on the Athenian Acropolis 8th to 4th centuries BC I have been working at the Beazley Archive, Oxford, where I am directing the gem databases and gem research programme.
My research interests are ancient and neo-classical engraved gems, collection history, sanctuaries and votive offerings. In my free time I sing in the Kennington Choir.
Classical Archaeology options (Greek and Roman) for CAAH and Classics.
- Masterpieces in Miniature – Engraved Gems from Prehistory to the present (The Philip Wilson Gems and Jewellery Series; London 2018) with Sir J. Boardman
- Natter's Museum Britannicum - British Gem Collections and Collectors of the Mid-Eighteenth Century (Archaeopress; Oxford, 2017) with Sir J. Boardman, J. Kagan
- The Beverley Collection of Gems at Alnwick Castle (The Philip Wilson Gems and Jewellery Series; London, 2016) with J. Boardman and D. Scarisbrick
- The Guy Ladrière Collection of Gems and Rings (The Philip Wilson Gems and Jewellery Series; London, 2015) with J. Boardman and D. Scarisbrick
- The Marlborough Gems: formerly at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire (Oxford, 2009), with Sir John Boardman, E. Zwierlein-Diehl, and D. Scarisbrick