The Housekeeping Service
Our team of Housekeeping staff are responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the College. Each Scout is responsible for an area and cleans to the frequency and standard set. They are observant, thorough, have good time management and are able to multitask. During conference periods they are required to prepare guest bedrooms. The Housekeeping team has four supervisors who each have a team of seven/eight scouts. The scouts have to clean other areas of College as instructed by their supervisor.
Job Title: Scout - Casual
Main Purpose of Job: Cleaning and associated tasks as directed
Responsible to: Housekeeping Manager
Liaison with: Other Scouts and Housekeeping Supervisors, Maintenance Team, Students, Conference guests
- Daily cleaning of study/bedrooms, teaching rooms and communal areas as directed or in accordance with Cleaning Schedules
- Daily disposal of waste/rubbish
- Daily cleaning of pantries and bathrooms/toilets
- Daily cleaning of corridors, landings, stairways and communal areas
- Cleaning student rooms once each week
- Reporting damage, breakages or any other related problems to the Housekeeping Team Leader.
- Deep-cleaning of all areas at the end of term in preparation for conference clients
- Servicing of rooms during conference periods, which includes bedroom set up.
- Ensuring that equipment and cleaning materials are used responsibly and in compliance with College risk assessment and COSHH regulation.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the College's organisation and the overall objectives of Lady Margaret Hall.
- Physically fit including the ability to work at heights and carry out lifting
- Experience in a scouting role or similar
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Good spoken English
Terms and Conditions
The post is for up to 35 hours per week, including weekends, from 1 June to 30 September 2022.
The hourly rate is £10.50 per hour plus £1.27 holiday pay.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for this position, please complete an Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form and send this by email to email@example.com, or post to the HR Office, LMH, Norham Gardens, Oxford, OX2 6QA.
The posts are to be filled as soon as possible. We will be accepting applications until the positions have been filled.
A principal aim of this College’s Equal Opportunities Policy is to ensure that in the recruitment, selection, training, appraisal, development and promotion of employees, the only consideration must be that the individual best meets, or is likely to meet, the requirements of the programme or course or post.
Lady Margaret Hall is committed to provide a learning, working and social environment in which the rights and dignity of all its members are respected, and which is free from prejudice, intimidation and all forms of harassment, including bullying. We seek to ensure that no-one suffers, either directly or indirectly, as a result of discrimination.
This post is subject to recruitment monitoring to ensure that the selection process is consistent with the law and the College’s Equal Opportunity Policy and Code of Practice. To this end, applicants are asked to complete a Recruitment Monitoring Form, which is also available on the College website. The information supplied on the form will play NO part in the selection process, and will NOT be seen by any member of the selection panel.
Lady Margaret Hall has a range of family friendly policies.
Issued by the HR Office