Lady Margaret Hall is a constituent College of the University of Oxford, located in peaceful, spacious gardens beside the University Parks. LMH was founded in 1878 from a passion for learning and for equality, making it possible, for the first time, for women to study at Oxford. Today, the College continues to draw inspiration from this pioneering vision of educating the excluded. Since 1979 LMH has been a co-educational academic community. Currently we have c.400 undergraduates, c.220 postgraduate students, and c.80 academic staff. LMH is an ‘Investors in People’ employer and is the only Oxbridge College to have achieved a gold award.
Main Purpose of Job
To be responsible for the smooth running of dining room service according to college standards and procedures. Always assuring a high standard of appearance, hospitality, service and cleanliness of dining room/function rooms/Senior Common Room.
- Supervising occasional private functions.
- Ensure dining room is set up based on customer’s requirements as booked on College systems or as directed by Hall Supervisor.
- Welcome and greet all customers and guests.
- Effect DTL service to ensure high standards, pour coffee and liaise with Kitchen re service times/diets/changes.
- Receive and resolve complaints concerning food, beverages and service and pass on to the Supervisor.
- Ensure all equipment i.e. plates/service cutlery are ready for service.
- Assist in service and regular maintenance/cleaning of equipment as trained.
- Confirm that all dining room opening and closing procedures have been completed to ensure that the area is left secure for the next service
- When service is provided from the Servery for guests to ensure plates are warmed and sufficient are provided.
- To ensure all diet and other signage is correctly displayed.
- To ensure a smooth flow of guests taking action as necessary to effectively facilitate this.
- Attend any scheduled staff meetings necessary.
- Perform any physical activity that could require considerable use of arms, legs or moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stopping or handling of materials. Physical activities such as cleaning rooms, setting out and clearing of tables, arranging furniture, cleaning spillages as and when they occur.
- To develop a commitment to high standards of food service and presentation.
- To ensure high standards of appearance and personal hygiene for each service according to College standards.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the College’s organisation and the overall objectives of Lady Margaret Hall.
Responsible To: Front of House Manager, Front of House Supervisor.
Responsible For: Maintaining standards
Liaison With: Head of Catering, Front of House Manager, Catering Resources Manager, Front of House Supervisor, Head of Conference Services, Hall Supervisor, Kitchen Staff and Customers
- Physically able to complete lifting, walking, or handling of materials. Physical activities such as cleaning rooms, setting out and clearing of tables, arranging furniture, cleaning spillages as and when they occur.
- Confidence to liaise with other team members and deliver what the client wants.
- Good communication skills to ensure a knowledge of the catering details required for each service.
- Able to greet students, organisers, hosts and VIPs and show customers you are giving them full attention.
- To be aware of the LMH values and work by their ethos.
- Flexible in terms of working hours
- Attention to detail
- Generally IT literate
- General numeracy
- Experience of working in a catering environment.
Terms and Conditions
The salary will be £20,077 per annum for a 39-hour week. Benefits of working for the College include 36 days holiday (including bank holidays), the option to join a University pension scheme and one free meal whilst on duty and the kitchens are open, when the kitchens are closed a meal allowance will be paid.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for this position, please either submit a CV or completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form to email@example.com. For an informal discussion on the role please contact Tom Noakes, Catering Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A principal aim of this College’s Equal Opportunities Policy is to ensure that in the recruitment, selection, training, appraisal, development and promotion of employees, the only consideration must be that the individual best meets, or is likely to meet, the requirements of the programme or course or post.
Lady Margaret Hall is committed to provide a learning, working and social environment in which the rights and dignity of all its members are respected, and which is free from prejudice, intimidation and all forms of harassment, including bullying. We seek to ensure that no-one suffers, either directly or indirectly, as a result of discrimination.
Lady Margaret Hall has a range of family friendly policies.
The closing date for receipt of applications is noon on Monday 4th April 2022.