The Kitchen at Lady Margaret Hall is at the heart of the College community, consistently producing high quality food for a wide variety of events as well as regular meals for College students and staff. The kitchen is open Monday to Sunday, including evenings.
Main Purpose of Job:
Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the kitchens and associated areas as directed.
Reporting to: Head Chef / Kitchen Porter Supervisor
Liaising with: Chefs, Head of Catering, Catering Supervisors & Assistants
- Assisting with the smooth running of the kitchen production areas.
- Washing dishes manually and also using the dishwasher.
- Assisting with basic food preparation.
- Cleaning pots, pans and any other kitchen utensils.
- Maintaining the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCAP regulations.
- Storing away all crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.
- Emptying bins when they are full.
- Making sure that the kitchen equipment is in good order.
- Reporting any fault to kitchen manager or head chef.
- Keeping the storeroom well stocked and organised at all times.
- Keeping breakages to a minimum.
- Complying with cleaning rotas.
- Taking all dirty laundry to the laundry baskets.
- Handling all glassware and chins with care.
- Attending company training sessions when required.
- Accepting deliveries from suppliers and storing them.
- Assisting in other areas when required to do so.
- Using the correct amount of specialist chemicals when cleaning work surfaces and equipment & following COSHH procedures.
- Ensuring that at the end of the shift the kitchen is ready for the next shift.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the College's organisation and the overall objectives of Lady Margaret Hall.
We are looking to appoint someone who is enthusiastic, confident and able to provide a good service at a consistently high standard. The following qualities are essential:
- Can accurately follow instructions.
- Good communication skills in spoken English.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy weights.
- Possess a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Approachable and friendly.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of hygiene standards.
- Food handling knowledge.
- Focussed on providing a consistently high standard of customer service.
- Willing to work shifts, evenings and weekends.
- Able to work under pressure.
Training will be provided.
Terms and Conditions
£10.50 per hour, plus £1.27 holiday pay per hour.
The post is to be filled as soon as possible. We will be accepting applications until the position has been filled.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form and return to email@example.com
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
A principal aim of this College’s Equal Opportunities Policy is to ensure that in the recruitment, selection, training, appraisal, development and promotion of employees, the only consideration must be that the individual best meets, or is likely to meet, the requirements of the programme or course or post.
Lady Margaret Hall is committed to provide a learning, working and social environment in which the rights and dignity of all its members are respected, and which is free from prejudice, intimidation and all forms of harassment, including bullying. We seek to ensure that no-one suffers, either directly or indirectly, as a result of discrimination.
Lady Margaret Hall has a range of family friendly policies.