The Foundation Year is open to students who have experienced barriers in their education due to their socio-economic backgrounds. Therefore, we are only able to accept applications if you:
- Are studying in a UK state school, and have spent all of your school career at a state school
- Are eligible for ‘Home Fee’ status
- Meet the socio-economic indicators below OR have been in the Care of the Local Authority for more than six months
- Income: your combined total household income must be below £42,875
- Socio-economic group: You belong to a socio-economic group that is under-represented in higher education, based on the occupation of your parent(s)/guardian(s).
Further information on each of these indicators is available on Page 1 and 2 of the Application guidebook. If you are unsure as to whether or not you meet the eligibility criteria then please email email@example.com
You must also meet the academic entry requirements for your subject. These are typically one grade below the traditional offer from Oxford University (e.g. BBB rather than AAA). Grade requirements for each subject can be found on the subject pages