1878 LMH was founded as the first college for women in Oxford
1978 LMH became co-educational
LMH is named after Lady Margaret Beaufort (1443-1509)
The progenitor of the Tudor dynasty, mother of King Henry VII, and a great patron of scholarship and learning
400 undergraduate students;
180 postgraduate students;
83 support staff;
43 Fellows who include tutors, professors,
and senior administrators of the College.
Principal of the College
Dr Frances Lannon
Key to the LMH shield and logo
- The portcullis is from the family arms o f Lady Margaret Beaufort;
- The bell is a family symbol of Elizabeth Wordsworth, the first Principal;
- The Talbot dogs are for Edward Talbot, the College’s founder.